Thursday, July 15, 2010

Through Broken Bridges & High Water! / Cypress Hills Wedding Photographer

Kelly & Amanda you did it!! The title says it all for this couple! The day before the wedding was the 2010 flood in Maple Creek - Friday morning Kelly & Amanda didn't even know if there would be a wedding the next day since he was at the Cypress Hills Park and she was in Maple Creek. The park is only 20 minutes away from Maple Creek but the dams were swollen and creeks roaring taking out the bridges with them! But nothing could hold them back. Amanda & her parents found a way and even though they had to take a 3 hr detour time didn't matter as long as they could be together. Love is strong they say and these two more than proved that! Saturday dawned a new sunny, happy day for them both and everything was perfect in the end. As they were being married outside on the terrace at the Cypress Resort Inn the sun burst through the clouds as if to say "Oh happy day!" Luckily I made it out to the park too since they had repaired both the bridges that day but as I was going over the last one it looked pretty unstable so I drove in the middle of the road. Later to hear from one of my close friends that that bridge caved in again about 3/4 hr after I had come over it. Amanda is a very calm bride through all of this and I admire her. This will be one of the most memorable weddings I have done - the elements that surrounded it and it was a blast. The Litke's definetly know how to party:) Too much to tell I don't know where to stop so I will say thank you for including me in your special day and all the best on your new move to Rosetown!










No comments:

Post a Comment